Monday, May 4, 2015

I Choose to Be "a Bit" Different

Hi readers!

Are you following mainstream or anti-mainstream? Well, I think it's easier to follow the mainstream because you don't need to struggle to do it. You just need to follow the flow wherever it may bring you to. Choosing to follow anti-mainstream is not easy even though it is. There must be plenty contradictions coming from me and people nearby. One thing that I concern the most during following anti-mainstream 'idea' is that I choose not to use smartphone. You know, it is kind of so yesterday by not using smartphone. I know that and I accept that. However, I choose not to use smartphone due to my own reasons.

I prefer not to use smartphone because I do not really need it. You know, smartphone becomes very viral since 2010. It has been 5 years I am not using smartphone since that era. I know that using smartphone brings a lot of benefits, especially for communication. Many people claim that smartphone ease the effort to contact as many people as possible. There are a lot of applications everyone can take for granted. Well, I realize that sometimes I really want to use smartphone since there are many exciting applications I can use to stay up to date and keep in touch with many people and many of my long lost friends. However, I think my current phone is enough. It is not an old fashioned phone which cannot connect to the internet. It is a quite modern phone which I bought in the middle of 2011. This phone can be used to access the internet, even though it is not as sophisticated as modern smartphone. I can access online chatting application, called Whatsapp, to have fun chat with friends and family.

I think, as long as my phone can be used to handle every communication, it is fine for me. One of my friends told me that I have to get a smartphone to keep in touch with her. You know what I said to her. I don't need a smartphone yet. If she wants me to contact her, I may use SMS or phone call. It's conventional, I know, but if your phone can do those things to communicate, why don't you use them optimally?

If you think I'm old fashioned, I deny it. Well, yes, I'm a bit conventional in the matter of using gadget. But, I have been planning to get a smartphone this year. Why? It is because finally I need it to support my job. Still, I don't want to drop my old phone out. I need it as well.


At my desk
After some chit-chat with my long lost friend
~xoxo~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net